Subscribe to Newsletter
- Boothbay Harbor
- compass cove
- midlife crisis
- Mothers Day
- Over The Moon
- RWA 2011
- Self love
- teaser tuesday
- The Temporary Wife
- Virginia Kantra
Connect with Jeannie
This scene takes place after Jason and Meg are married to protect Molly from her greedy grandparents. Instead of being written from Meg’s point of view, this scene is written from Jason’s.
Jason shifted into fifth gear and cruised along the deserted Main Road heading into Greenport. To his right, was his wife–his beautiful bride–who was tipsy on excellent wine and was a little sleepy as a result.
When he stood in the gazebo at the vineyard,
These are a favorite in my house around the holidays and they’re just the kind of cookie you’d savor with a cup of tea or coffee. On the cakey side, they’re sweet with a hint of anise.
1 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup butter
2 teaspoons anise, almond or vanilla extract. (Or you can blend. I’ve used a teaspoon of almond with a teaspoon of vanilla,
Sweet Chemistry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie
Viti Prasad, the proprietor of the fictional Sweet Chemistry Bakery in Angel Harbor, is a former industrial chemist who found she liked combining butter and sugar more than the polymer compounds she worked with at her former job. Here’s her addictive chocolate chip cookie recipe.
2¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½+ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½+ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter,
This twist on an old favorite is sure to warm your insides. It’s just the kind of soup Lina would serve at Rinaldi’s Cafe in Compass Cove.
Jeannie’s Italian Chicken Soup
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 plum tomatoes, diced
- ½ lb. Italian chicken sausage (sweet or spicy-your choice — use ground sausage if you can find it;
- Small towns often have their own personality. How does Dan’s run in the opening scene, not only establish the setting, but give the reader hints about the town’s inner life?
- Memories are powerful and they can evoke strong emotions in the individual. How do the characters juggle different memories and the emotions they trigger?
- Jane is a strong mother figure in the book, not just to her daughter, but also for Angel Harbor.