Romance readers are growing older and so are the heroes and heroines in the genre they love. This workshop will take you through the ins and outs of writing a seasoned romance from the physical realities of age to the subtleties of the older mindset. See how publishers are starting to embrace romances with more mature characters.
Topics covered will include both craft and marketing, so authors can explore issues surrounding age, including:
- The concept of love being ageless
- How intimacy between older characters can be sexy and fun
- The myth of eternal youth (and why we don’t need it)
- Tropes that work well with seasoned romance
- How to envision and pitch your book in a changing market
- Fighting ageism in the industry